Monday, December 15, 2008

Padas White Water Rafting

The day we came back from mount KK, we went to Poring hot spring. I always like hot water bath. It was an outdoor hot spring that we went to. It was fun though the water to fill up the tub was really slow and we only had one hour there. But it was good enough to relieve the tension on our legs after the climb. Cool... Somehow I started coughing after I came down from the mountain... Mum said I should just stay up there. Haha...
We reached back KK town around 9.30p.m. After taking bath, we went out for celebration!!! Haha... But only four of us - Simon, Yan Wai, Derrick and I. Kian Beng wanted to rest. Sze-Lyn and Jason were tired also so they only went nearby to have dinner. At first I was quite excited but became too tired to enjoy the food after started eating. But the dinner was good... The price were reasonable. Haha.. I considered it cheap actually. After went back to Akinabalu, I had to pack my stuff because we will go for Padas the next day and then go straight to airport after that.
Woke up early to make sure all my things were packed then off we go for Padas. We had to be quick to avoid delay because we need to board our flight at 9.15p.m. Thank God that everything went on smoothly. We had our lunch at Tenom town. Then took a train to Pangi. I was at first excited to get myself wet. But after the safety briefing, I started to feel scared.... When we were in the river, I can hear my heart beating fast. We passed the first two rapids and all went well... But when we came to the third - Washing machine, our raft overturned. I was all the while concentrating on paddling instead of looking in front to see what happen. Out of a sudden, I was trapped under the boat. I was really panic. But I managed to catch the crosstube and catch a breath. I grabbed the life line and got out of the boat. I heard the guide shouted loudly asking us to let go of the life line. Then I saw the boat turned back to normal position towards me... Opss... But I managed to get out and grab the life line again. I was the first one being pulled back into the boat. We were all panic and held on to the life line. So it took quite some time to turn the boat back. And we actually passed through the fourth rapid as well which was Merry-go-round. Simon and Jason were far behind the boat and we only have 3 paddles back in the boat. That was crazy man! All we know that time was to save the two and get back the rest of the paddles. Kena scolded of course because we didn't follow instructions and let go of the life line at once. That experience taught us a lot but also terrified us. At least me and Kian Beng I guess.... I did not really know how to swim and always panic when I am in water especially when my legs do not touch the ground. Kian Beng did not know how to swim at all... Then he told us that there were still a few more big rapids... Again, I.... Haha... After two big rapids, he said the rest were just mild ones. Then he told us about the big rapid we just passed which was called the Big Sucker. If our boat overturns there and we are trapped by the current, we might keep turn there if we do not know how to come out. I was terrified because I thought it was the next one coming up... Crazy man! Shock of my life... After that I slowly calmed down because the danger was over. Kian Beng was really brave. She tahan till the last... Me..?? I just hoped that time I could get out of the boat and wait for them somewhere. But I have told myself, this is the place I will definitely go back again if I have the chance to after I learn how to swim better and get rid of my phobia....
Again, we had good weather that time... Not so hot... So we did not get sun burn much.... And that's the last chapter of our trip to KK.... We did not take photos of the rafting but we brought back unforgettable memories... =) *peace*

No comments: