Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New day awaits~~

Here I am sitting in front of the computer after a LONG day... Just came back from CF and I know I am supposed to sleep NOW because I need to be at school tomorrow morning, 8.00A.M.. But another voice also told me that I can't sleep right away after my supper. In order to make myself feel better, I do something -- blogging.
Went to school around 9 o'clock today. Thank GOD that no one was there in the petrology lab. I was thankful because yesterday it was crowded. All machines were occupied. Today, I can slowly choose which machine to use. Prepared few more samples today to be annealed tomorrow. Talking about annealing, I must mention about the furnace... Haha... It started long time ago that I found out I need to use the furnace together with Argon-hydrogen gas. Then I was told that the new tank of gas has not arrived yet. So I waited. Then someone suggested me to use the vacuum furnace. So I got a slot for the vacuum furnace. That morning when I finally got to use the furnace due to some unexpected incidents happened that delayed the use of furnace, I was then told that the furnace was spoilt. The technician asked me to wait for few days. But it was not a very good idea. I was told to just use the furnace together with argon gas although it was expected that the results were DEFINITELY not good. What other choices do I have? NO! So after some discussions, negotiations and what-so-ever, I got a slot from a friend. For the next few weeks, I woke up early on the Monday morning just to go to school and get a slot for the coming week. BUT, then only I was told that the gas arrived and I should follow the initial plan. I managed to use the furnace and the gas for once, and then it was finished AGAIN in two weeks. Now, I need to use the vaccum furnace again which is now fully booked!!! Thank GOD for Shu Lee who managed to get a slot for tomorrow and allowing me to put in my samples together with hers. You have no idea how greatful I am... I just hope that it will not spoil AGAIN!!!
Also, I finally got my XRD results today. mostly of them were not that good but there were some really nice results as well. But still, I am still very happy about the results although I still need to continue with my lab works.
Came back to the room at 5, rested, played game then went to CF. We had a speaker today and a bunch of young, talented people. Great to have them here. But I was too tired to entertain them much. Still, I managed to chat with a few of them.
Left with Jason Ling because I was too sleepy and tired... Yes, sleepy and tired. But why am I still awake? Probably I am not... Haha... Good night people~~~

2 comments:

S.i.m.o.n said...

Tomorrow morning, 8.00 PM? Hmmm...

~nEw DoRy~ said...

Haha... That shows how skeepy and tired I was... Unconscious....