Saturday, May 30, 2009

I am so happy~~


*Ta-da...*

Closer look....

Even closer look.... Saliva coming out yet??
This was what I cooked today... Crabs + prawns... Supposedly to be just crabs but mum left out one prawn that she forgot to keep together with these rest of the prawns in the refrigerator so we decided to cook the ONE prawn with my favorite crabs. Then she asked me to add a few more since she cannot take crabs.
This was my second time cooking this dish. The first time was.... not really bad la... Just that it was too dry. The best part about this dish is the gravy. The last time was too dry because my elder bro and I were arguing how much water to add and how to cook the dish.... Besides, I was not the one preparing the chili paste which is quite an important part but my younger bro did. So he was kinda mad when we turned the dish to a quite failure. Haha...
Today, I did everything by myself. Except choosing the crabs and paying... Haha... I cut the crabs MYSELF, I pound the chili paste by MYSELF, I cooked them by MYSELF.... and it turned out to be successful... It gave me a strong sense of accomplishment... I am so happy... Haha.... I am not a good cook... Seldom cook actually although I kinda like cooking... The only dish that I cooked the most should be spaghetti where the sauce is actually available in supermarket. =P
I give this dish 85% because I think it is not salty enough... Haha... Tak tau pai sei... But mum said it tasted just nice, it's good enough that way, shouldn't be too salty. And mum said, it looked like the way grandma liked to cook... Because she won't pound the chili and other ingredients until too fine as you can still see the chili pieces in the photos... =) But the truth is... I was lazy and got no strength dy.. Haha....

*PS: S, if you are concerned that the prawns might be too cooked since I am a noob cook... Trust me, they are not!! Just nice and juicy... Bluek!

Tried learning some simple cooking these days just in case I need to work some where else, not near to home so that I won't be found dead of starving or too much ajinomoto... Haha... I also fried wantan today. Haha... To be honest, I never tried frying something all by my own before, except frying eggs. Because everytime when I did, the pro will come and take over half way, maybe they don't trust my skill. Haha...

3 comments:

Joy Easily said...

JINNY!!!i want i want!!!wanna eat....habis saliva saya...next time cook for me~~~

Aaron Chan Chee Kin said...

haha is it ethical that you give urself the points rather than other ppl give. hahaha

~nEw DoRy~ said...

Joy: Sure.. But don't forget to promise to cook pancake for me o... Haha...

Aaron: Since no other ppl try my cooking other than my mum ma... The mark was given for my improvement de... Haha.... Doesn't matter if no one agrees... Hehe..